Home

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Photography Its Like Vision


The more decades I do this, the more I realize everything in photography comes down to one word: vision.

Call it vision, imagination, or seeing; it all comes down to the same thing: the ability to envision a final result in your mind's eye, and then to make it so with your tools at hand.

It's never been about the gear. It's always been about seeing something, knowing how you want it to look, and making it so. Making it so is the easy part; seeing it in the first place is what makes a photographer. Powers of observation are everything. Snapping a camera is trivial.


2 comments:

  1. Hi, I'm new to your blog and this post caught my eye. It's so true, great photography is more than just taking a picture, and what an awesome collection of photos with vision! Happy blogging :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos. I'd love to learn photography some day. I'm always snapping pictures and took over 800 pics on our San Diego vacation, but do I have an eye for it....not sure its definitely a unique talent and I love love great photography!

    Heather From and Mommy Only Has 2 Hands!

    ReplyDelete